GESI is a research group on Strategic Studies and Defense. The majority of its members teach in the Master’s Degree on Strategic and International Security Studies of the University of Granada, Spain.
GESI’s website aims to enhance the knowledge about issues related to strategic studies and international security as well as sparking public debate. The research of the Group is divided into three Programs: armed conflicts and political violence; Defense policy and military studies; and Intelligence and strategic analysis. The contents of the publications are the following ones:
- Academic papers: these works prepared by GESI members are published in scientific journals, book chapters or in think-tanks.
- Books: information about books which have been published by GESI members is given. Some of these books are collective works in which several members take part.
- Podcast: podcasts and videos as well as lectures presented during academic activities organised by GESI.
- Global Strategy: includes current and brief comments with original monographic publications.
- RESI (Journal of International Security Studies): It is an open access scientific journal and external peer review which ISSN number is: 2444-6157. This journal is indexed in Emerging Sources Citation Index, Latindex, Dialnet, REDIB (Ibero-American Network of Innovation and Scientific Knowledge), Directory of Open Access Journals, Columbia University International Affairs Online (CIAO), European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences (ERIHPLUS), Universia, Center for Security Studies Digital Library, Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE), Open AIRE, WordlCat, SHERPA/RoMEO, MIAR, Dulcinea, Hispana and Google Scholar.
Contact details: Grupo de Estudios en Seguridad Internacional (GESI). Department of Political Science and Public Administration. Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology. University of Granada. Calle Rector López Argüeta, 4. 18071-Granada (Spain). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org