This research program includes the following lines of work:
- Strategic intelligence. Studies on intelligence services, military intelligence, cooperation regarding intelligence, source management and intelligence studies. In this line the collaboration with the Spanish National Intelligence Center (CNI) is included. The CNI takes on the teaching of the subject about Strategic Intelligence of the online Master’s Degree in Strategic and International Security Studies as part of its cooperation with the University of Granada (UGR).
- Strategic analysis. Publications about this topic referring mainly to intelligence analysis. GESI has collaborated with the Spanish Institute for Strategic Studies (IEEE) in the program called Future Work Program (2017-2018) and with Spanish Army Training and Doctrine Command in the research project System of Analysis for Future Operating Environment 2035.
In the framework of this research program the following activities have been organized:
- Workshop on Strategic Studies and Scenario Building in North Africa and the Middle East belongs to the program mentioned above. It was developed by the Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology of the University of Granada during the 2016-2017 academic year. There are two basic supporting documents to this workshop: the Resources Guide for the construction and analysis of scenarios (permanently updated), and the explanation of the construction techniques and analysis of scenarios in Security and Defense.
- V Workshop on Prospective: Construction of future scenarios, which was organized in collaboration with the CAP and the IUISI, on May 2017.
- Conference Intelligence Analysis and Forecasting, held in the Faculty of Political Science and Sociology of the University of Granada, on April 2018.