GESI aims to encourage scientific research, academic output and intellectual exchange in fields of Security and Defense. You can participate in our project in two ways:
- Research assistant in GESI. This option is only available for people studying in the University of Granada (UGR). The call is open at any time throughout the academic year.
- Publish with GESI. All the contributions that fulfil the requirements of objectivity, accuracy, good writing and relevance. The research group GESI differs from a think-tank, a consultant firm or specialized digital media, that is the reason why our publications are not remunerated.
There are three different ways to publish (Spanish, English and Portuguese articles are accepted):
- Mosaic Blog. Short comments on current topics or interesting issues for its political, social or economic relevance in the field of Security and Defense. They can also refer to recommendations about documentaries or high-impact books which have been recently published by national and international organizations or prestigious consultant firms.Texts are between 500 and 1.000 words long and they are written in clear, non-technical words. The format must be compatible with the web environment, original sources must be cited through hyperlinks. We also recommend the addition of pictures and data tables to support the arguments presented. You must conclude your comment in a clear way.You must send the posts as a Word file to email@example.com and attach images and data tables separately in .jpg or .gif format. Please add a one or two lines summary of your CV and your email or Twitter, if desired. GESI reserves the right to accept or reject the proposals received. The final decision will be made thereon within a week.
- GESI Analysis. These are more comprehensive documents without a predetermined extension (it must be superior to 1000 words but if it is shorter it will be likely that readers continue the reading until the end) which present a higher analytical depth. GESI Analysis allow a wide range of work areas: from research notes to educational notes, analysis of the current international scene, monographic documents about history, military technology, defense policy, armed conflicts, etc. Moreover GESI Analysis have their own ISSN number and they are indexed in the main search engines in Spanish like Dialnet and Google Scholar. With respect to the style standards of the writing, in GESI Analysis only a summary of the text must be included (not keywords). The author can choose how to cite the sources used to elaborate the text: (a) hyperlinks inside the text, (b) footnotes or (c) quotes inside the text and adding a bibliography at the end. Analysis must be sent as a Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org and and attach images and data tables separately in .jpg or .gif format. Please add a one or two lines summary of your CV and your email or twitter, if desired. GESI reserves the right to accept or reject the proposals received. The final decision will be made thereon within a week.
- Journal of International Security Studies (RESI). As this is a scientific journal, contributions must fulfil the scientific quality standards and overcome the assessment by anonym peers. You can check the guidelines to present the articles in this link. Contributions must be sent to the email: email@example.com.